Thursday, April 14, 2016

iOS Achievement Bug Not Fully Fixed? The Aftermath.

Dooku_For_Days recently posted on the official forums about the iOS Achievement bug that was Announced by EA_Jesse to be fixed.  However it seems it may not be all the way fixed as we believedEA_Jesse even weighed in on the post.  Here is a bit of info from the post:


Dooku_For_Days:
@EA_Jesse @CG_LucifersDaddy the achievements on my account are still there to be collected, so it hasn't been fixed properly. Although the update may stop it happening again, it hasn't actually fixed our accounts. I accidentally claimed a reward (the one for reaching level 70) this morning thinking it was a daily activity becuase I was on auto pilot thinking it was my 2nd account (oops and sorry :/ ). I really want you to take away the credits, Vader shards and crystals from my account as fast as possible please after I collected them the first time it happened without realising what had happened.

EA_Jesse:
You should be able to claim them if they are sitting there as it's the only way to clear them out. Hopefully you didn't "Claim" them numerous times before this though :)

Dooku_For_Days:
@EA_Jesse I claimed them the first time without realising, so is it safe to just clear them out and claim them for the 2nd time. It will mean I'll get like another 50 Vader shards and 2 million credits. If this is the only way, then I'll do it with you confirmation, but I won't use the Vader shards, credits or crystals gained becuase I don't want an unfair advantage. Is this the right thing to do? Will I get banned?

This user has a great point...

Mittens:
I'm curious as to what their definition of "numerous" is. 2? 3? 525,600? If someone (like yourself Dooku) stumbles across it a couple times, that is totally different than figuring it out, and exploiting constantly to get a 7* Vader and keep going to 7* a GG also and get hundreds of millions of credits and crystals in the process. The former should not be punished, the latter should.

And one of our LordSkunk.com Community members weighed in with some great points in this thread as well...

I am having the same issue I'm getting really annoyed having to sift through every single achievement to find the one achievement i just completed will there be a fix for this in the near future? Even if i am allowed to claim them its not fair that i get all those vader shards credits and crystals giving me a 5 star vader when ppl who have spent a lot more money and time on the game only have a 5 star vader.


Overall I think this Achievement bug could be a nightmare for not only CG/EA and the players affected by the bug, but all of the player base as well.  Almost anyway you look at it some people are going to get an unfair advantage in the game over others (those who exploited  several time or more an even bigger one).  Hopefully they come up with a good solution and soon. The LordSkunk.com Community will continue to follow this topic and we will keep you posted.

Update from LordSkunk.com Community member Allucard:
I sent emails out to Jesse and LucifersDaddy yesterday also. Both were fantastic and replied promptly. Ever since my initial bug (I think I was one of the first to talk about in the Skunk Nation and to report it to EA) I have had all those achievements just sitting there for perhaps a week or so not claiming them. Though I did claim before when it first happened. Working with LucifersDadddy I was able to resolve my issue and I am now finally bug Free! I still don't have any information about how to bring my account back to balance or another consequences. But I trust that they will test me fair.
-Allucard

4 comments:

  1. I sent emails out to Jesse and LucifersDaddy yesterday also. Both were fantastic and replied promptly. Ever since my initial bug (I think I was one of the first to talk about in the Skunk Nation and to report it to EA) I have had all those achievements just sitting there for perhaps a week or so not claiming them. Though I did claim before when it first happened. Working with LucifersDadddy I was able to resolve my issue and I am now finally bug Free! I still don't have any information about how to bring my account back to balance or another consequences. But I trust that they will test me fair.
    -Allucard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Allucard thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My account is Active :)
    Super thankful to EA and all the folks there.

    -Allucard

    ReplyDelete

Game Updates // Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

Developer Updates // Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes

StarWars.com

LordSkunk.com News // Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes